PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, October 1, 2021

31 Days of Halloween - Ye Olde Recipe Book

 

Today I'm featuring one of my hand-crafted journals. I got to color up a digi image from Moonflower Digis called Gina Le Cat Witch, for a DT project for Your Scrapbook Place challenge blog. I used a combo of Copics and colored pencils on my image. Before popping her onto my hard-bound blank journal, I rummaged through my stack of papers and found the perfect background for her. Everything except for the digi image came out of my Halloween "bag of tricks", otherwise known as my Halloween tub of leftovers. I decided to keep the spine uncovered, as the reflective silver pattern gave it a little texture.

I used the last (sigh) of my skull trim at the top of the cover, and candy corn stickers became freaky fingers looking like something is holding the book. I found a set of spooky silverware to frame my title, using glittery sticker letters to spell it out. A lonely Potion sticker has a ghost escaping from the bottle.

As far as "Family Recipes" is concerned, I decided to put this year's Halloween inspiration on its pages. This comes from magazines, YouYube, Pinterest and of course the creepy cubby hole in my brain. 

Do you like Halloween crafting? I love it, and wish there were more than 31 days in October! The challenge over at Your Scrapbook Place is ANYTHING GOES, so if you enter a project at the main blog, you could win a prize this month. And of course, thank you to Moonflower Digistamps for this wickedly lovely digi image available at her store...

Challenges I am Entering:

Art*Journal*Journey Anything Goes Journal projeccts

Through the Purple Haze - Challenge #185 October

Moving along with the Times - BINGO (middle horizontal row: image, patterned paper, glitter)


In order to keep up your "spirits", every post this month (and there will be one every day) will end with an appropriately haunting cartoon. So, craft your heart out and enjoy this gruesome giggle...





10 comments:

Diane Louise J said...

Your journal is lovely... thanks for sharing with MAWTT Bingo challenge.
Diane (Team Leader, Moving Along With the Times) x

Elkes Lebensglück said...

a beautiful halloween journal!!!
Happy day,greetings Elke

My name is Erika. said...

Cute and fun Halloween journal cover. You certainly have the Halloween feel! Thanks for sharing with us at Art Journal JOurney. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the idea of Halloween recipes. Looking forward to seeing more pages. A great entry for Tracey's 'Colours pf Autumn' theme at Art Journal Journey - Thank you for joining us, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sorry, that should read ' My Favourite Colour Is Autumn' x

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun piece, thanks so much for linking to us at AJJ, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That's definitely a fun cover to keep those family recipes in.
Thank you for linking @ AJJ and joining my Favourite Colour is October Theme.
Creative wishes Tracey.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really enjoyed your journal cover. I thought the candy cane fingers was very clever. I also liked the idea of recipes for Halloween, too. Thank you for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Wendy's Favorite Color is October theme.

Furrbster said...

This is absolutely brilliant!

Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

nwilliams6 said...

Totally fun journal and it totally fits the theme of AJJ - I love the fun Halloween colors. Great idea!!!