PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, October 21, 2021

31 Days of Halloween - Surprise! Halloween Outdoor Decor

 

Today I started putting out my Halloween decor on the front porch. In pulling out the Halloween decor from the garage this year, I found a bin labeled 2009. I can't believe I could have forgotten about this bin for 12 years, so I'm in doubt as far as the correctness of the date label. Sorting through the bin, however, I happened onto my witch's cauldron that has been MIA for the last few Halloweens. I used it for candy when trick-or-treaters  come to the door.

This year I decided to make front porch out of it. After lining the bottom with bricks to keep it stable, I attached these gigantic monster hands to sticks before using hot glue to hold my light-up Jack-o-Lantern. He does look a little worse for wear, but his expression works well with my project. The cord isn't long enough to reach the available outlet, so I attached Dollar Tree mini Lights so he can spook the neighbors. 

To hide the sticks, I added a garland of Fall leaves (actually it hides everything). The hardest part of this project was waiting for the glue to dry. I had to hold each hand against Jack-o and it seemed like an hour before I could confidently let go.

It's a start. I do have some of the projects I've already posted in my windows and on my doors, but this is the first stand-alone Halloween project decorating my porch. Don't worry, it will be joined by more. I still have almost two weeks before Halloween!!

And with that, I'll let you see the newest gruesome giggle..



No comments: