PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, October 17, 2021

31 Days of Halloween - Macabre Mussie-Tussie Ornament


Time got away from me today, so I'm posting a project I did a couple years ago, but never posted. The project is called a mussie tussie. These come in all shapes, themes and sizes, but mine starts with a toilet paper roll. First, I adhered Haloween-themed scrapbook paper to the roll, then stapled one end flat, covering it with lace to hide the staples (and make it look pretty).

Next, I added a Dollar Tree skeleton and a faux flower also from the store. I used some shiny packing strips to keep my skellie and flower from falling out. I decided another piece of lace around the top would balance out the look. I added a couple Halloween tombstones (wooden) to the front, and made a hanger from some black trim.

I've made mussie tussies for Christmas, St. Patrick's Day and Valentine's Day. I even facilitated a craft workshop that featured them. They make unique stocking stuffers and you can even put a gift card in one. And I made them all from Dollar Store items while recycling the cardboard roll.

I hope you're looking forward to the end of my post, where I always add a gruesome giggles cartoon to leave you smiling or laughing. Enjoy...



No comments: