PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

31 Days of Halloween - Eternal Love Halloween Decor




I was watching a few YouTube DIY videos using Dollar Tree items, and I instantly wanted to crate the dog and run to the store. However, my brain kicked in and said, "Pat, you have at least two Rubbermaid bins full of Halloween crafts. My God, woman, stay home and use it  all up!" 

 So I grabbed a bin, paint and hot glue gun and created the first of several Halloween decor items. I was inspired by my BFFs text, updating me with news of her son, who just proposed to his girlfriend. I decided to create a scene in which a skeleton is on his knees proposing to his beloved. 
I discovered several thin wood pieces, approx. 6"x3" and painted these black. Next, I pulled a few skeletons apart so that I could pose them. The skeletons were from Dollar Tree and  came in a set of 4 or 5. The straw stuff also came from Dollar Tree, to, a big bag I don't think I'll ever finish. I  used leftover  yarn from my stash (who know where that came from!?) for the girl's hair.
The ring was tricky. I finally used a jump ring from my jewelry stash, and glued on a small (tiny) stone bead. I think the guy's head is a little askew.  I wanted him looking up at her face, but I didn't notice how weird an angle it took until the glue was dry. I may just rip it off and reposition it (or not).
It's sitting in my living room shadow box with another one I made the next day.
I didn't spend a dime (today).I used my stash, and continue to whittle it down for the sake of my sanity...so, what are you creating for Halloween this year?

Challenges I am Entering:
Two Old Bats Halloween Challenges - October Halloween Anything Goes
Avenue 613 Create - Anything Goes
We Love to Create - Anything Mixed media Goes

4 comments:

Diane said...

Lots of spooky fun here! Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

OMG what a fun/clever idea! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, if we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE.

Darlene
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Irmelin Eriksson said...

This is so amazing a fun at the same time! Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 create. Hugs from DT-Irre

Mary M said...

totally creepy, LOL. Thanks for joining our October Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats!