PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, October 29, 2021

31 Days of Halloween - Journal Page (trying new technique)

 

Hello, my name is Patacake and I'm a craftaholic. I slipped off the wagon the other day and met my gf at a thrift store. While there, I found a full set of chalk pastels for $3, and the color of the price tag cut the price by 50%!

I've never tried chalk pastels before, so I had to bring out my creative journal to make a page. I admit I watched a YouTube video to see what to do with the chalk. I didn't get quite the effect I wanted, but it's my first attempt, and I will be experimenting in the future with the pastels.

Meanwhile, I took inspiration from the season and created a page devoted to Autumn. I used red, orange, brown, green, and yellow and used a baby wipe to smooth out and blend the colors. After the page was dry, I  added some background stamping. I added a sticker for the title of my page, and left room for a Haiku. Some pumpkin stickers, some trim and various Fall leaves frame my poem. 

Do you journal? I have several active journals at the moment. I have my travel journal, my Book of Lists journal, one for craft projects I want to do, another for my mood of the day and one for art,  gratitude and grief journals, and a few others. I write in some, draw, color and doodle in others and even collage from magazine cuttings and images found online. Journals keep me going when I'm depressed, save memories good and bad, and let me create with words and pictures whenever I feel like it. One helped me through the loss of my husband 4 years ago.

So I guess you could say I'm a journal junkie LOL And for one more laugh, here's  gruesome giggle for you...



No comments: