PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, October 14, 2021

31 Days of Halloween - Mr. Potato Head-inspired Halloween Decor

I decided to get inspired by the move Toy Story; first with Mr. Potato Head and his interchangeable parts, and second, with the child who likes to takes his little sister's doll's and other toys and make scary new characters out of them (I think that was in the first movie). I love the Toy Story series of movies.

I have this bin overflowing with Dollar Tree Halloween supplies, so I pulled out a skull, a skeleton and a pumpkin. I love creating 3D art for Halloween, and what goes best at Halloween than skeletons and pumpkins? Pulling off the skeleton's limbs, I stuck them into my (Styrofoam) pumpkin. Next I added the skull. After I glued them all so they stayed on, I realized they were not quite balanced. In fact, he looks like he's either dancing or taking a bow...

...which led me to adhere him onto the wood slice and spell out the word Welcome. If you think the inspiration is a little subtle, I get inspired by so many things, and smells, and music, and memories. It's very difficult to go to a thrift store without coming out with bags and bags of things that inspired me. Is that the way with you? Do you think of a project, and then collect the materials, or do the materials inspire you to create?

Challenges I am Entering:

As You Like It - Favorite non-card project/why you like it
ModSquad - Pumpkins Everywhere

Ah, well, here's some gruesome giggles while you're thinking about it...


5 comments:

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Amazing project. Thank you for participating in Through the Purple Haze Challenges

Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki{My Blog}

Judy Woodland said...

I LOVE your creation, and it's so refreshing to see something other than a card. I just had to smile when I saw this, well done!! Lots of great work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad.
Judy~ MSC Designer

Squirrel x said...

Oooh, creepy but fabulous at the same time!
Terrific make, thanks so much for sharing and for joining the AYLI not-a-card challenge. Hugs Squirrel x

Brenda said...

I love that you shared your creative process, this is such a fun creation. Thanks so much for sharing us at As You Like It Challenge!

Jackie C said...

So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze.
Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TTPH