PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, October 2, 2021

31 Days of Halloween - Boo Stew

 

You'll never guess what I rediscovered in my Halloween bin of leftovers...that's right, a few of those little plastic cauldrons from Dollar Tree! Usually I would use them in a scene while creating a shadow box, but today I decided to let the cauldron stand as its own decor.

After stuffing the bottom of the cauldron with paper from my shredder, I added a piece of spider webbing, also from Dollar Tree (as well as a skull from a small skeleton, a leg from same and a glittery spider. Years (maybe a decade) ago, my closest Michael's closed. The clearance prices were too good to pass up, and I bought a bagful of tiny buttons (think grocery bag) - hence, the added curly-cue in the back and the word BOO on the cauldron's front. 

I colored small sticker letters orange to match the BOO button and now I have a small Halloween decoration that fits perfectly with the others. I adhered everything with my glue gun. This was a super quick project, and if an adult handles the glue gun, the kids can join in. They can put some candy in the bottom of each cauldron before putting the spider webbing and use it for gift-giving. A suggestion for a tag is "You've Been Boo'd from the ______ Family if you want to treat the neighbors...

Challenges I am Entering:

Crafters' Castle - Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar - Halloween
Just Us Girls - Word Week "Halloween"
Art*Journal*Journey - My favorite color is October
Mixed Media Lovers - Anything Goes
Two Old Bats Halloween - Anything Halloween Goes

Now for your daily gruesome giggle...


5 comments:

Diane said...

Super fun Halloween decor! Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old bats!
Diane TOB DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

WOW what a great idea ... looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, you can play as many times as you’d like!! If we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE. Who knows, there might be a prize without reaching that goal! LOL

Darlene
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

P.S. Cute cartoon too ... made me chuckle!

Celeste Goff said...

This is so fun!!!

Mary M said...

Fun Halloween project. Thanks for joining our October Halloween card challenge at Two Old Bats!

Squdge said...

Such a fab project!
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Keep crafting!
Lj xx
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com