PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

31 Days of Halloween - Flower Power Halloween Decor

 

Today I hot glued a skull onto a giant glittery spier. Then I didn't know what to do with him...

I had mentioned in a previous post that we lost our dog, Wilson. My neighbor volunteers at a Dog shelter and has been so supportive when we lost our him. She called as soon as the shelter received a small older hypo-allergenic dog [they go fast] and we were able to adopt a terrier mix we call Honey. Our neighbor loves flowers, and loves Halloween, so...

So I reached into my Halloween Bag of Tricks (my stash tub) and pulled out a Dollar Tree Styrofoam pumpkin. Yes, I could see my mutant skellie spider sitting on a pumpkin. In fact, it would be really twisted to plant him among flowers with little baby spiders here and there.

The pumpkin was really orange--I mean fluorescent orange, so I wrapped gauze around the whole thing to tone it down before placing him among various flowers. I couldn't resist giving him a reason for his ghastly expression by putting flowers on his head (I don't think he  likes them). After creating my floral project, I gifted my neighbor with it to thank her for her part in our new family member

Challenges I am Entering:
Everybody Art - Fun with Friends 
Ike's World - Anything Goes
Shopping our Stash - Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice

Okay, time for some gruesome giggles...






4 comments:

Borqna said...

Spooky but so so cute!
Thanks for playing with us at the Ike's World Challenges. We miss you too.
Good luck!

Sorry about Wilson and
welcome I say to Honey!

Crafting Queen said...

Great creation. Love it. Thanks for joining TTCRD challenge. Anesha

Christi Conley said...

I adore 3D art & this is spectacular! Love that the skull isn't happy about the flowers - LOL xo

Mimi said...

Oh so creative, love it :) :) :) Thank you so much for joining us at IKEsWORLD this month. Hugs Mimi xxxx