PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, October 4, 2021

31 Days of Halloween - Shadow Boxing Halloween Decor

 

I created this shadow box for a craft workshop I was facilitating, and can't remember if I posted it before now. When I go to thrift stores (and I do so often), I'm always on the lookout for shadow boxes, or things like wood silverware organizers and other pieces I can upcycle into shadowboxes. My favorite theme is Halloween (Christmas comes in 2nd, with Beach theme #3).

I lucked out and found a house-shaped box to use for this project and painted it black. Using supplies and material from the Dollar Tree, I first printed out a spooky Halloween scene and cut it out in the shape of the house. There are many sites that offer free vintage digis and scenery, like Graphics Fairy. One company, Luna Girl offers many scenes and items in its store. I'm always ready to pop in i=on each of them for inspiration and materials. This image was one I bought from Ricola Designs, which can be found at Mischief Circus.

As you can see, I tried to make my shadow box haunted house as welcoming as possible, with a skeleton sitting outside the door to permit visitors to enter. Beware, though, he's sitting on a skull, so that should clue anyone into the nefarious goings-on inside. Would you dare to enter?

Let's turn that frown into a smile with a gruesome giggle...






No comments: