PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, December 9, 2023

24 Days of Chrustmas - Day 9 - Mini Lace Tree

 

I was digging in my holiday craft supplies and a styrofoam tree form rolled out. Just the one - I have no idea when I got it! But it sang to me, so I pulled out my glue gun, some pine cones and my box of lace.

I decided to go with a cream color theme and separated them from the whites and colored laces. Using sewing pins, I attached my rows of lace onto my tree. I liked the elegant look of the creamy lace, and considered what to used to decorate the tree. I had colored ornaments, strings of pearls and beads. I decided on a string of very tiny peals and adhered it onto my tree as I would a garland. It barely showed against the lace, but when I put it under a light, it sparkled!

Colored ornaments or metallic? ef metallic! I cut a string of cheap Mardis Gras beads that were silver, and one by one glued them onto my tiny tree. I found a cardboard tube that had held some lace. I was just the right size to use for a tree stand. Covering it with some pretty burlap ribbon, I finished my make for today. Oops, forgot that i put a glittered pinecone on top of the tree instead of a star. I used leftover beads from the necklace and glued them onto several levels of the pinecone...

On the Christmas gift list front, I just finished my daughter and my cousin, and am hunting down some special items for my granddaughter and a few good friends. I have 2 weeks left--I better hurry up!!

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO very pretty and very girly, they'll love it.
Faith x