PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, December 4, 2023

24 Days of Christmas - Day 4 - Holiday Mussie Tussie

 

Does anyone remember when Mussie Tussies were popular? I even facilitated a craft workshop for Valentine's Day back in the day. Well, I'm bringing them back this Christmas. Inspiration hit me one night as I was sitting and contemplating my polished nails in the bathroom. I saw an empty toilet paper roll sitting NOT in the trash basket and, well, here is my finished project.

First I covered my cardboard troll with designer paper (I believe it's from DCWV), one end extending from the stapled-closed bottom; I cut 1/2" slits in the paper before folding them over the top opening, and adhering it all with spray adhesive.

I added a piece of coordinating paper to the bottom, the houses and snow-covered ground adhered to the bottom to make my little scene. To give the bottom a little dimension and shine, I added a line of pearls. Up top, I ringer slightly larger pearls and added the silver bow.

I had to stuff the bottom of my Tussie with tissue paper so that my tiny gifts could be seen when hung up. If you zoom in, you can see the Christmas tree, candy canes, snowflakes, star and kitty. I used a piece of leftover lace with which to hang my ornament/wall decor/holiday gift. 

Last Christmas I decorated cardboard book boxes, filled them with handmade trinkets and gave them to my neighbors. This year they'll get my Mussie Tussies with a tag, in place of a card.

Sorry I missed yesterday's make. I had just returned from a 2-week cruise. I had crafted the forst 2 projects before I left, but didn't have time before nor after to get yesterday's made and posted...

No comments: