PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, December 10, 2023

24 Days of Christmas - Day 10 - Chenille Stick Ornaments

 

Another busy day at home. Weather is awesome, getting up past 40F degrees. Put up some lights on the front porch, a potted Christmas tree with lights near the front door, and a shadow box I created a couple years ago. Still looking for my big chubby plastic Santa - he is nowhere to be found!

Meanwhile, I had a frustrating time playing with chenille sticks (we used to call them pipe cleaners). That's what I get by eyeballing the measurements instead of using a ruler. It took an hour or so just to bend enough sticks to make four ornaments for our new Christmas tree.

I hung them on the tree, the fist of many-to-come, in order to take a decent photo of them. They are not the best, but it's all I had time for, especially when they gave me such trouble! The two largest ornaments use two gold and two white sticks, folded in half, then twisted, bent and shaped. I put a large white pompom in each and glued some clear fishing rod string to make the hangers.

The angel uses one and a half sticks, and if you look very closely you will see a butterfly above and to the left of the angel. It's made from three half sticks and two beads. I made a star out of gold and encircled with white...do you see it? That's because it came out so poorly my daughter and her gf couldn't recognize it as a star. You can find most of these ornament how-to's on YouTube. 


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This takes me back to my childhood, when we would use "pipe cleaners". Love what you've done with them.
Faith x