PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, December 1, 2023

24 Days of Christmas - Day 1 - Wall Decor


 Welcome to my blog! Today starts my series of DIY, artwork and crafts celebrating the winter holidays. I thought I'd start my offerings with an easy Dollar Store DIY. I had picked up a bag of wooden easter wall decor back in the summer. There were 13 of these in a bag for $6 and I found them at a thrift store. Thank you Dollar store for donating them to one of my fave thrift stores! I had created several summer and Halloween wall decor and had two left. Here's the first...

I found holiday napkins after Christmas last year. After stripping the Easter poster off the front, I painted it white all around, front and sides. I pulled one napkin apart so that I had the thin decorated print (I used the plain white backing for lunch). I used homemade mod podge to adhere the scene to the front, applying a second coat on top of the napkin. Using thin paper and mod podge often leaves tiny crinkles that are really difficult to smooth out.

The effect was nice, almost vintage-looking. After it dried, I added a couple sparkly snowflake foam stickers. I also attached some glitter-covered die-cut letters to spell out the word JOY. And my first project of the season is complete and hanging in my living room!

I hope you come back throughout December to see what I'm creating, hoping you get inspiration. 'tis the season to DIY!!

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sorry I’ve not visited in a while, life has been very hectic, I hope to visit more often now? I had to start at December 1st. I'm not going to miss your Christmas imagination. Love this wall deco, what happy snowmen.
Faith x