PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

24 Days of Christmas - Day 12 - Christmas Card Catcher

Can you believe how fast the days are passing? I was able to craft another project today. Both inspiration and creativity smiled on me as I dug up a thrift store find from last year. It was a framed bulletin board with pockets. I thought it would make a nice holiday card catcher at the time, and I was right! LOL

I sanded the wooden frame before I pulled out my holiday designer papers. All my papers are either from past projects or torn out of the stacks I bought at thrift stores or on clearance. I was lucky that all the papers I used were from the same set (DCWV I think). I cut them to fit above each burlap pocket using spray adhesive.

I chose some lines of adhesive-backed gems to run across each top of the pockets. I like a simple craft, but my card catcher needed a little extra, so I added a few snowflakes around the frame. A Christmas bow and Santa button finishes off today's make. I added a few of my own handmade cards and I must say it looks great...
 

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a wonderful idea, beautifully put together. You are so clever.
Faith x