PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, December 14, 2023

24 Days of Christmas - Day 14 - Santa Wreath

 

You know I can't pass up a bargain. I bought 2 skeins of that thick fluffy yarn that seems to be the rage for 2023 during the summer. After finding the Dollar Tree metal wreath, I watched You Tube and looped my yarn through the spaces between the metal rings. I fell in love with its fluffiness!! I mean, it looks and feels like freshly-fallen snow (well, looks at least).

Then I trooped downstairs to be an over-sized ornament shaped like Santa's head and attached it with clear fishing line to hang in the center of the wreath.  I pulled miscellaneous items from my holiday crafting supplies and decided on various snowflakes, as well as a few pinecones, poinsettia flowers and a bird.

I like the white wreath against my mahogany door. It really pulls the eyes to it. I hope you like it too!!

Christmas Craft Creations - Christmas crafts (obviously)
Crafty Gals Corner - tis the season
Fab & Funky - Christmas
The Holly & Ivy - Anything Christmas Goes
Try It in Tuesdays - Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Christmas Crafts All Year 'round - ANYTHING GOES CHRISTMAS/HOLIDAY 

10 comments:

Anita van Deur said...

Beautiful Santa wreath very inspirational! Thank you so much for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge! Anita DT

Lia said...

The wreath is awesome. I like these kinds of christmasdecorations a lot.
Lia DT TSOC

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a fabulous greeting to everyone from your door. This is the fluffiest and most wonderful wreath I have seen for an age. I love the "bubbles" of wool and the Santa and snowflakes, the little Cardinal, looks like he has landed to see what's happening. I love it all, I think anyone would want to stroke it before knocking hahaha. It's fabulous.
Faith x
PS I'm #3 :)

Pat said...

Gorgeous Santa wreath to display on your door, thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky, have a great Christmas.

Pat xx

Cathie w said...

pretty , Thank you for joining crafty Gals Challenge Corner

Pia S said...

What a great snowy look you got from using that yarn! A beautiful festive wreath. Thanks for joining our challenge at Try it on Tuesday.

Joan said...

Thats a lovely fluffy wreath, great make

Thanks for joining in at Try it on Tuesday Challenge

Kate said...

Brilliant Pat - love it! Great idea to add Santa to the middle too! Thanks for sharing with us and inspiring us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!
Hugs, Kate (DT The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge)!

Carol said...

Cute Christmas wreath decoration. The yarn looks so soft! Thanks for sharing it with us at Christmas Craft Creations.

Helen said...

This looks great - really effective.

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations.

Helen x
DT