PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, December 11, 2023

24 Days of Christmas - Day 11 - Shadow Boxing the Holidays


 I have finally climbed out of the pit of crafting despair. I haven't been inspired to create a shadow box for almost a year!! I love making shadow boxes, esp. for Christmas and Halloween. My cabinets are full of empty boxes waiting on me to bring them the holiday spirit.

Today I crafted a whimsical scene of the inside of a house getting ready for December 25. Throughout the year, I have hunted and gathered tiny ornaments and after-Halloween and -Christmas craft supplies for my shadow boxes. Salvation Army has a thrift store where I found a whole box of figures. Michaels was good for pkgs of tiny gifts, pets, stockings, etc. And of course my mom's crafting supplies and Christmas deco's helped my cause. If you look at the bottom shelf of my shadow box, you'll see some vintage children I've paired up with a Michaels holiday figurine and a tiny ornament of grandma baking cookies..

I'm always on the hunt for bottle brush trees, and found one that fit onto the 2nd shelf. Stickers where I didn't need a lot of depth, and paper doilies mimicking a snowy roof. When my closest Michaels closed with deep discounts (90% off) about 20 years ago (!), I bought up all the shaped buttons. I couldn't resist, They were 10 cents each for multiple buttons on a backing.

Anyway, I worked all morning on this, spending some time looking for the right pieces to add to my design. And I really like the final make. I hope you do too!

Christmas Crafts All Year 'round - Anything Christmas 
613 Avenue - AG w/optional twist winter holiday
Peace on Earth - Anything Christmas
We Love 2 Create - Anything mixed media
Merry Little Christmas - Anything Christmas
Morgan's Art World - Anything Goes

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super display with all things lovely and so Christmassy too.
Faith x