PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, December 18, 2023

24 Days of Christmas - Day 18 - Winter Bird Feeder

 


I have the best neighbors. The one on the right of me has been especially helpful. We often end up meeting and walking our dogs together. She has watched our dog when my daughter and I are out of town and I was holding her dog while she got ready to take him to the vet that final time. She loves birds and has several bird houses. I see her almost every day throwing nuts popcorn, cheerios, etc., out in the yard for the squirrels and the birds.  

So I decided to make her a bird feeder. I saw a video on YouTube that used a cup and saucer to craft a feeder. I pulled out the china cups and saucers that I had bought a few years back from the thrift store. Gluing them together was easy, using some E6000 and a bit of hot glue. The trick was to get the string to gather up the cup and saucer and hang perfectly straight!! 

I persevered, although it took more than a dozen times to get it right. I think I'll make only one of these this year. However, I do think it looks lovely. What do you think? Will the birds enjoy the winter treats my neighbor will put out for them in their fancy new feeder? I don't think I've ever seen a bird turn down food, do you?! 

P.S. (I gave my neighbor her gift today and she loved it. She put on one of her backyard hangers below her massive maple tree. I gave her a small bag of bird seeds and she filled it up. I hope the birds love it as much as she did!).

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the china, I've seen similar in shops and they cost a bomb! How lovely, your neighbour added it to the tree as soon as she had it.
Faith x