PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, December 15, 2023

24 Days of Christmas - Day 15 - Front Door Decor

 

I am just powering through my Christmas craft stash! Today I took out this metal hanger. The only things it held were dusty greens, so I refreshed the bunch and added gold and silver ornaments and red balls/beads. I decided to go with the original red slightly tarnished or aged color. Onto it, I adhered strings of pearls on the front. I also added a goldish bow and a hanging, uh, thing? It's a tiny ornament from which a tassel is attached. One lone pearl rests in the middle of my hanger and I am finished.

This was a quick make, since the frame of my project was ready to embellish. I love finding metal designs that I can alter, paint or embellish. I find loads of them at thrift stores at decent prices. This was a purchase I made last year and put away. You can find some great deals both just before and after the holidays.

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What a very elegant and gorgeous decoration. It's bountiful with the fruit. Love it.
Faith x