PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hopping With Scrapbook Place

Hello, crafters!  I hope you're up to some fun, because this is just one stop on the Hop, the Scrapbook Place October Blog Hop, that is!  If you came here from Anna's blog, you're on the right track.  If not, better start over at Your Scrapping Place blog.  You wouldn't want to miss all the fun, inspiration and crafting!

For my part, I have gathered together some of the projects I have made for Halloween.  My newest creation is an altered soup can (photo above).  It will be filled with treats for a special neighbor child when she comes trick-or-treating this year.  I used my pampered chef can opener so that the pop-top lid is still closed and ready to pop.  After I finish filling it with candy, I'll use my CTMH Liquid Glass to reseal the top lid and won't she be surprised when she opens the can!!

 I also made a few cards, some of which are pictured.  One of them uses a Hambo Stamp digi image against a sheet of patterned paper from DCWV's Once Upon a Time Paper pad.

For decorating (and munching), I made some spider candies,  which are just those little round mint patties, papercrafted to look like spiders.  My granddaughter got a kick out of these!  I also made a couple of candles with QKD stamps and mulberry paper.

I made a few special treat holders for neighbor kids.  The one in the middle is a pull-treat card.  Place a full-sized candy bar into the card from the top, and when the child wants her candy, she just pulls up on the ribbon at the top and the candy bar comes up with the ribbon.  Squigglefly's Nerdy Girl Devil dig-image is on the front.

Another treat bag uses Hambo's Wee Henrietta Witch, and I can fill that one up with Goldfish, as it's for a much younger neighbor child.

I made a large Treat bag (photo right) with which my granddaughter can go trick-or-treating, but her Daddy bought her a plastic Dora Halloween Bag for candy collecting, so I guess my Bag will have to hold the candy we give out at the door this year!

If I have time, I'll add the Fall-themed projects I've made this month as well.  For now, I hope you've seen something that will inspire you to create.  Now hop on over to Annette's blog for more crafting fun and inspiration.  If you get lost, come back here and check out the full blog order below:

ScrapbookPlace blog - http://yourscrapbookplace.blogspot.com/

Here's my favorite quote of the season:

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
~George Cooper, "October's Party"

Party on, crafters!!

I decided to enter my pop top "unopened" treat can in the Just Us Girls Challlenge.  This week thay ask for a template or 3D project with a Halloween theme!

17 comments:

Mary K. said...

What a talented person you are!! Love how you used mintes to make spiders. Great job!! Mary K.

Linda W. said...

October gave a party is also my favorite! I am wondering how you will know which witch is which when they come to your door? :) Such a beautiful idea.........we never get Trick or Treaters out here in the country. What a bummer!

Diane said...

What a beautiful array of Halloween crafts!! Absolutely LOVE the bag...but my granddaughter would have gone for Dora also..lol. You are so talented Pat!

Melissa said...

Love the mummy treat bag! The mesh makes it extra spooky!

Shannon Leffew Keith said...

Love it all as usual Pat! You are so inspiring!

robin said...

I just LOVE your treat bags. They are fantastic. And those spiders are too cute!!

Angelicnwa said...

I love the spiders! They are very cute!

ShersL84bed said...

wow, you went all out for this hop. Great projects. Love the fun ideas.

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I love all your projects, the little kitty's on the can were adorable, I love your bag for the treats the saying all wrapped up, soo adorable! P.S. love the song, Charlie brown!

Happy Halloween!

arebori0204@gmail.com or www.scraptillyadrop.blogspot.com

A little bit about me and my life... said...

You have been busy! Just awesome ideas that can be had here. I'll be back to scraplift and borrow the quote if it's ok? :)

Anna said...

Those are some awesome projects Pat! Very creative!

Hugs
Anna

Teresa said...

Wowzers..you have been busy!! So very creative you are! I especially love the altered soup can! I may have to purchase a new pampered chef can opener, lol! Great job Pat!! hugs,T

Donna Clark said...

Pat love all your items very clever

Unknown said...

awesome creations! Love that soup can and the treat bag!
http://preciouspagesbypaula.blogspot.com/

Lynn said...

Such amazing creations! Love everything you've done. thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Maria said...

What wonderful projects, they are all so nice! Those little kitties are so cute! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week.

Vicki Dutcher said...

What fun projects! Your spideys are very cute! Thanks for playing with us over at JUGS