PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall is the Season of Friendship

Best Friends Humphrey Collection
And with the season comes great cards, like this easel card featuring an image from the Humphrey stamp set called Best Friends.  I was actually cleaning my craft room (a never-ending chore) and came across the stamp set and decided that now was a good time to take a break and make a card.
I pulled out my Crafter’s Companion Ultimate Tool and cut and scored my cardstock to make an easel card with my image.  I used Basic Grey patterned papers and die cuts to make a colorful Fall background in which my little girls can walk together, hand in hand, friends forever.  I love how the die cut vines make it look as if they were walking in a swirling tunnel of falling leaves on a sunny Autumn day.
CC Challenge Blog is offering a fabulous prize to one random winner this month, and all you have to do is use one of their images and a theme of Friendship.  I love their stamps so much, this is my second project for the challenge.  I also have a wish list on their shopping site that I think will have to change into a cart list before the week is out!!  Free shipping over $50 and some great sales!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

So cute,I love it.Remindes me of my best friend when I was a child.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

What a great card!!! Thank you for playing along at the Crafter's Companion challenge blog!

D said...

Beautiful coloring Pat! What a perfect stamp for a friendship card :) Thanks for joining us this month over at the Crafter's Companion USA Challenge blog :)

AmyT said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing this months challenge at the Crafter's Companion Challenge blog.

Khristen said...

I would say that stamp set is just PERFECT for the challenge this month, I love what you did here! Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog!

Ann Kranitz said...

very sweet!!!! Thanks for playing along with the challenge at Crafters Companion

Stacy H-W said...

This is just an adorable card!! I love those sweet elephants holding hands. Thanks for joining in the challenge this month at Crafter's Companion!!