PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wrapped Up in Fun

You know why I like digi images?  Because you can print them ANY size!!  So, when Hambo announced their newest challenge at the Hambo Hoedown (COLOR CHALLENGE:  use MUMMY and one of the sentiments this week with purple, orange, black and green for the main colors), I knew I wanted to do this in a BIG way.  So I printed Mummy digi-image at 5x7. 

Mummy digi-image
 Instead of making a card, I wanted to give my granddaughter a homemade trick-or-treat bag.  I used a plain brown gift bag whose front and back measure a little over 8x8.  I covered the bag with BLACK netting, adding a swag of netting at the top with ORANGE Halloween patterned ribbon to tie it up.
I then colored my Mummy in GREENS, ORANGES and PURPLES and adhered him to the bag.  I printed one of the two sentiments that come with the image onto GREEN cardstock, then added a few embellishments for a spooky scene.

So this weekend she saw the bag and couldn't wait to use it.  Her Dad and she and I went to a local OctoberFest, with lots of kids' activities and games and CANDY.  There were several people who stopped us to ask where they could make that great trick-or-treat bag, since one of the booths was for decorating treat bags.  I told them it was handmade and they walked away disappointed (but impressed, I hope).

So when you think digi images, think BIG and you will get more out of them!  Now skip on down to the Hambo Hoedown and check out the inspiration there.  Hambo Stamps has a great assortment of Halloween images to play with, so don't forget to browse the shop.  Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

She's a Color Queen said...

This is so darn cute! I'd love to get this bag filled with goodies! Thanks for playing with us at the Hoedown!

Andrea said...

Wow this is just so genius! I love how you made him big and put him on the side of a treat bag. Great job! Thanks for playing along at the Hoedown!