PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Breaking News

Hambo Hoedown has another cxhallenge, another chance for you to receive a free digi image when you play!  This week the challenge is to use Newscaster digi image (or any other Hambo image) and incorporate newspaper on your creation.

Growing up, my parents always gave us kids the comics to read while they went through the meatier oart of the paper.  My sister and I loved to read Peanuts, so I used Peanuts patterned paper for that comic page look, and filled in some of the bubbles.

My card is an easel card.  When closed, just the part you see standing up is shown.  When you open it, that part rests against the sentiment on the bottom half, forming an easel out of the card.
So when my sister, whose birthday is coming up, opens the card, she gets to see the first part of the message, "This just in" and then opens the card for the rest of the message "You're having a birthday!"

I printed my image twice and used both for a little dimension.  I colored him with Copics, my ink of choice these days, and cut him out, placing him on the cover just under a bubble that I placed one of the sentiments you get when you buy this terrific digi.  The other sentiment was framed in black cardstock.  There are two more sentiments that come with Newscaster, for a total of FOUR sentiments---great deal!!  and you can find him HERE.

Have fun at the Hoedown this week!

4 comments:

Linda W. said...

OH MY, how original Pat! I love this idea; had never even a glimmer of doing it! Great job anyway - I salute you dear friend!

Melissa said...

Super cute! I saw this image at Hambo and thought it was adorable!

Holly Young said...

Cute! I love the use of the Peanuts comic strip in the background.

She's a Color Queen said...

OMG Love the Peanut's gang in the background!!! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown!