PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Two Cards, Two Challenges


October Rose
 I recently acquired a new image from Addicted to Stamps.  It's called "October Rose" by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff and I absolutely adore it!  In fact, I just printed four images and made a card with my first finished image.  It's a birthday card for Susanna Boyd of Paper Craft Planet, and an entry into the Super Nova's Birthday Party Challenge that runs from October 22 through October 30 on PCP.
I colored my image with Copics, putting a tiny bit of shine with Stickles on each rose and her lips.  The card was pieced together with leftover cardstock and patterned papers.  I added some coordinating roses from Michael's and a couple leaves, one gold-embossed, and finished with some ribbon and a feather.

Next up is a card I made for Joan's Garden challenge.  They ask that you use a DIE, a CHRISTMAS SENTIMENT, some kind of LIGHT, and the colors RED and WHITE.  I found a Whiff of Joy image called "Willow with Lantern" with which to play, and believe it or not, I made MY FIRST CHRISTMAS CARD this year!!
I colored with Copics: R05,29; YG03,05 and E08,15.  I added some shine with Stickles.  I framed her in a diecut frame of deep red with a white background, added a cardstock sticker sentiment, and added to the whole shimmery effect with pearlized snowflakes.
I think with this card I have shaken the dust off my craft table and any remnants of Halloween cardmaking.  I need to send those spooky creations to my friends before the holiday passes!  I still want to make a few Thanksgiving cards, but Christmas has definitely stirred my muse.
Whatever holiday you're crafting for, have fun and don't forget to check out Joan's Garden for this week's challenge!  


3 comments:

Selma said...

Your red and white card is so pretty. Thank you for joining us this week in the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Jill Angel said...

Your cards are gorgeous. I love Mitzi Sato-Wiuff images!
Jill
http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/

Jamie said...

Your work is amazing! And have to say I love the Addicted-to-Stamps image, both times you used it were wonderful!