PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

As Crisp October Gives Way to Bone-chilling November


October Rose
 We need to always keep a tiny piece of summer in our hearts.  That's why I made another Addicted to Stamps card featuring October Rose by Mitzi Sato Wiuff
I love to color this image over and over!  I keep trying to darken the colors, but I still get the feeling of lightness and airiness, no matter how I color it!
Today I used some yellow rose patterned paper with bits of lace and a butterfly.  I cut the image out as an oval for a more formal framed look.  I used Copics: E00,04.11,71; Y00G00,02; YG67 & RV34 (her lips).  And I just couldn't resist using some black Stickles around the rim of the frame, as well as distressing the edges with black ink.
I am going to keep deepening the colors until I can see a darker October Rose.  I'll let you know when I succeed!  Until then, keep crafting!

4 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Oh, I love it!! Be sure to go to their facebook page and share it there with them. I know all the people there want to see it.

Hugs, Holley

Jamie said...

That is absolutely beautiful!

debbie said...

great card.. love how you did it

Melissa said...

beautiful!