PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Weather is Turning

But it was still a perfect day to make cards--National Cardmaking Day!  I got a chance (a very small allotment of time) on Saturday to play in my craft room, and wanted to show off my creations:
The first card looks toward colder days and memories of summer as the theme, and Hambo Stamps' Dragonfly digi-image was the perfect image on which to showcase it. 

Dragonfly digi image
 I paper-pieced the image after printing it on white once and twice on patterned paper.  The design of my card is inspired by one created by Sally Astill.  That's the Hambo Hoedown challenge this week, to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) a card from their gallery.  Sally's card features an image on top of layers of paper that set the scene, as does mine.  I added the sentiment "Always maintain a kind of summer even in the middle of winter" so that my dragonfly makes sense on a winter card.
I used Copics sparingly on the image, a border punch on the bottom of my card, and google eyes on my image (because they're fun).
Hambo Challenge Blog is saying goodbye to their former Design Team and asking their followers to welcome the new team this week.  I always get great inspiration from the Bacon Bits, and welcome a new crop of crafters to inspire me further!
Join the fun at the Hambo Hoedown.   If you still don't have an image from Hambo Stamps, they are offering FREEBIES with which you can play and enter challenges.  Every player who follows their guidelines gets a new digi image to play with in the next challenge, so what are you waiting for?!

My second card was made at my local scrapbooking store at a free make & take to celebrate the day.  Since they advertised new Memory Box stamps and papers, I was practically the first in line!  Wouldn't you know it, the power went out five minutes after they opened their door.  While we roamed the store to look at what's new on the shelves, the owner's hubby came in with a gnerator while they waited for ComEd to fix the outage.

I love taking classes at Craft Fancy, my lss, and seeing all the new stuff from CHA plus.  The card we made was again looking forward toward the coming winter, and showcased a gorgeous diecut cardinal.  The colors of the papers are in my fave color family, so we bonded very well!






Sandi and I meet up at Craft Fancy in Arlington Hts, IL

And surprise, one of my bestest crafting buds showed up, hoping she could catch me and we could talk.  We get together maybe once or twice a year, but when we do, it's as if we were never apart, we just start off right where we left things!  I am blessed with a few of these soul sisters in my life.  She wants some help getting her own blog up and running, so we're getting together before the weather really takes a turn for the worse!

Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy doing it.  Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Great cards!

Judy Rozema said...

Both are so beautiful! I like the patterns of the paper you chose for the dragonfly and your bird is so eye catching! Thanks for sharing at the Hoedown!