PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, October 1, 2011

I am a Royal Stamping Maiden for Queen Kat Designs!


Forest Night by Terra Bidlespacher
I have an exciting announcement to make:  Starting this month, I am designing for Queen Kat Designs!  I have loved the cards I see on friends' blogs that feature QKD stamps,and now I get to play and create with them myself!
My first card features "Forest Night" by Terra Bidlespacher.  After coloring my image, I tore it and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink.  Framing it with patterned paper that coordinated with the colors I used on the image, I found a distressed tag in my stash of leftover supplies and used it to create a frame, also using some pink cardstock (torn, of course) and coordinating striped patterned paper.
The stripes looked too intense, so I toned it down with some webbing, and then embellished with a felt bird, a diecut butterfly, and some rhinestones on the tag.  I finished off my card by inking one edge with gold pigment ink, then rubbing in some Aztec Gold Pearl Ex pigments.

Here are the Copics I used to color my forest fairy.  A motley assortment, you might say, and I would definitely agree with you!  Usually I have about three to four at the most, but I tried for as much definition and depth as possible.  I discovered, however, that many of my Copics are in need of refilling!



Now for my confession: I was struck with a case of doubts as I finished the card.  And those doubts show up in my final photo of my project.  I came down with a severe case of indecision for my first card for QKD.  I kept searching my drawers and files, asking myself  "Is this enough?  Is this too much?  What if I added this?"  And as I searched, the chaos on my desk grew!

I am happy to say that my desk, although temporarily in disarray, has been put to rights again, ready for my next project!

Speaking of projects, if you like this pretty forest fairy, she can be found HERE along with so many other gorgeous and fun stamps.







No comments: