PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, October 3, 2011

Two Cards Today

I have two cards to show you today.  The first is a Halloween card, as I am just finishing off my stack of cards needed for this holiday.  The folks over at Less Is More (LIM) have challenged crafters to not only make a clean, simple card, but to use the color of the crafter's eyes as the main color on the card.  You can use one more color, and as my eyes are NOT orange, you can see that they are a dark blue edging toward purple at times.
My card uses a Halloween image colored only with two Copics, YR04 & V04.  The textured paper is a violet blue, which doesn'y show up very well in this photo, and I simply punched the tor right corner for an accent, diecut my image with my Epic Six using Nestabilities Labels Four, and added an orange ribbon.
This is not usually my style and i had to work at not adding embellishments and Stickles and everything but the kitchen sink onto it, but it came out how I wanted it to come out, clean and simple.
If you are finding yourself pouring on the embellishments, take time to check out Less Is More Challenge Blog to get your simplicity mojo on!
It's interesting in that ove at the Corrosive Challenge Blog, they are offering a very different challnge, yet my card fits in perfectly!  Their theme this week is PURPLE PASSION, and they ask that you make a card featuring the color purple and one other color!  You can see how well my card fits their challenge guidelines as well, since I used only purple and orange.  For some great inspiration and challenging tasks, check them out HERE.

Onto my second card, which is a birthday card that I made for my sister.  I used Magnolia's Tilda, and tried (in vain as you can see) to keep it simple as well.  I used only two colors for my card, brown and teal, but couldn't stop adding color and shimmer and a flower and ink and...well, you can see for yourself!
I like both cards equally well, and am glad I can give this second card to someone I love.

Happy Birthday, Kathy!!

5 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Love your little kitty! I'd love to have violet eyes... *sigh* :)

Chrissie said...

What a cute image... lots of blue/violet 'white space' on this little number!
Thanks so much for joining us and do come back again next time.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Vicky Hayes said...

I especially like the LiM card with that mysterious looking cat and the ribbon looks great against the blue/violet. You must have amazing eyes!

Mandi said...

Super cute cat on your LIM card
Beautiful shade
Thank you
Mandi LIM

Linda Palmer said...

Cute cards. Love your purple passion card, and have always loved Tilda with glasses. Nice job. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge.