PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Squigglefly Challenge Card

Birthday Cake Kaboodle digi
This week Squigglefly has a fun challenge.  It is to FACE YOUR FEAR.  Lots of people are making Halloween cards with spiders, etc., but my card is a very subtle reminder that some people's fears are not taken seriously.  I made a sweet birthday card, with a luscious birthday cake on the front.  The sentiment reads "Everybody knows..." and on the inside "...that birthday calories don't count".
Well, that may be true for some, but with PWDs, or People With Diabetes, ALL calories count, expecially the carbs.  I love dessert.  I have diabetes.  I have more fear of dying from some diabetes-linked illness than that of a few calories.  So when I face my fear, I do so with good choices and plans for a healthy future.
So saying, I used Squigglefly's BIRTHDAY CAKE KABOODLE digi image, coloring her up with my trusty Copics.  I used my Fiskars Oval cutter and cut out my image and coordinating cardstock to frame it.  A 3D butterfly embellishment, some flowers and seed beads and the sentiment finishes this simple card off.
So, what do you fear?  Scrap it, make a card, or just go with the Halloween theme.  Whatever you do, keep crafting and have FUN!  And check out the challenge at Squigglefly Challenge Blog!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Very inspiring!

Heather said...

Very cute card- love your color choices.

Thanks or stopping by to meet Randy- he enjoys visitors! ;)

Holly Young said...

What a wonderful concept you came up with for the "fear" theme. I love your bright and cheerful card Pat!

JanR said...

Great card! Thanks for playing with us at Squigglefly!