PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, April 28, 2023

Stray Flower

I discovered this gem in my backyard. It's a single red tulip, standing tall against my fence and rooted in the grass . I did not plant her. She just wandered into my yard and woke up this week. I snapped a photo and then played around in Photoshop. I used a watercolor filter on the background, leaving the tulip as it is. 

I'm thinking of framing this and hanging it in my trailer. It caught my eye and it makes me smile whenever I glance at the photo. Spring is shyly waking things up, even with the unexpected snow we had a week ago! I can't wait for my lilacs and cone flowers to bloom in the front yard. It will be a nice change from the dandelions that my neighbor so generously shared as he doesn't believe in getting rid of them. I can't complain too much because he is such a help when it comes to house and car maintenance that I can't tackle by myself...

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Definitely worth framing, what wonderful background work, I always forget to do that now. I used to play a lot with PS, now it's just straightening my cards. I really must get back to what I used to enjoy. How lovely to just "find" a Tulip and a stunning one too. As for the dandelions, the kerbsides are covered with dandelions here, what a breathtaking show it is. Just a shame the seeds fly with abandon and land in our garden. hahaha
Faith x