PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Here Comes the Sun (sing it with me)

I found a terracotta smiling sun the other day at Goodwill that needed a redo badly. It took me a while just to clean the thing, and then discovered that it just needed a paint job. I think I painted this piece three times, using different colors and combos of colors, but i didn't like any of them!

Then I remembered I had some acrylic paint that was "ready to pour". I decided to try my hand at fluid acrylic painting with this sun instead of a canvas, and I like the way it turned out. I added a border of tiny shaped sequins in a subtle color. Now all I have to do is put a final coat of varnish on him to seal the sequins and I'm satisfied with the outcome.

I paid almost a whole dollar for him and can't wait to hang him up in my house. I find some amazing items at thrift stores. In fact, I'm meeting my girlfriend next week to one that offers 50% off the whole store on Mondays. Wish me luck!

Challenges I am Entering:


No comments: