PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, April 3, 2023

Using Books to Inspire Your Own Creativity

 

Today was a good day. My Muse returned to me in the form of a diorama, or what I like to call a "short-cut shadow box". I didn't have any action figures from the Harry Potter series, so I printed and colored images from Bugaboo Stamps. I found the perfectly-sized box and background paper, and then painted the inside "walls" a matching blue.

The castle was free clipart that I fussy-cut, along with my characters. To give the illusion of distance between my friends and Hogwarts, I used good old Mod Podge (homemade) and small stones. They clumped and stayed together after I placed them against the back of the box.

After posing the kids at different distances from the back to add more dimension, I added florist green moss to look like they're standing against a stone wall in a field. My finishing touch was the full moon with the sentiment, "Believe in Magic" that I printed in Old English Text.

This month, the Path of Positivity Challenge blog challenges us to create something positive, with an optional twist of "Literature". I of course chose the Harry Potter series as it offers readers a look at loyalty, friendship, courage, justice, perseverance and sacrifice for the good of others.

The challenge at POP begins today so get your Muses started and show us what you created. Anything goes as long as it's positive. You can click HERE to enter the challenge. Meanwhile, happy crafting!

Challenges I am Entering:
    We Love2Create- Anything mixed media goes
   Arty Divas - Anything Goes
   Classic Design - Anything Goes
   Morgan's Art World - Anything Goes
   Worldwide Crafters & Colorists - Anything Goes
   Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes

2 comments:

Pamela Duncan said...

Wow! This is quite a creation! Well done ~ Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Pam CT

Kim said...

Cute project. You did a great job of being creative with your images. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog!