PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, April 22, 2023

Another Trip Around the Sun


 
This is my birthday card for my youngest sister. Her birthday is early in May, and I wanted a playful tone to it. It's a milestone birthday so I think she'll love the humor. The actual greeting is one I found on Pinterest. I put it into my "Words" board, where I save the funniest, punniest, most affirmative, positive sayings, quotes and greetings.

This is a 6x6 inch easel card. I love making these because it gives impact when there is an opening line and a closing line. The first photo is with the card closed-what would be pulled out of the envelope. The 2nd photo is open and standing up. That's why you see the words "Did you know that" twice. I pulled out butterfly stickers from my folder to decorate the card and some designer paper I had left over from a previous project for the base. I used a Posca marker for the words. I have a stash of letter tiles and Scrabble tiles that I was able to use on the inside.  

I remember when my mom came home from the hospital with my new baby sister. I ran home once the dismissal bell rang. There she was, in my mom's arms, a little blondie. It's great that she and I have a supportive, meaningful relationship. We live in the same town and often get together for weekend grocery shopping.

My other sister lives in Germany. She's coming in to visit during the birthday weekend and we're surprising my youngest sister with an overnight to a location we've all never been to. I made homemade strawberry schnapps for us to toast to. It's going to be awesome...

Challenges I am Entering:

Beyond the Blue - Birthday card 
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes w/optional twist: Celebration
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes w/option: Alcohol (markers or liquid)
Through the Purple Haze - Anything Goes




5 comments:

Lee said...

OH what a fun card and love that sentiment!! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

Glenda J said...

This is so fun and clever! I'm an avid Scrabble player so I appreciate it a lot! I'm sure your sister will love ti. Thanks for playing along with use at Seize the Birthday.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your Sister will absolutely appreciate this card, anyone would. It's brilliant. How lovely you all get on so well, I would have loved a sister, but had to do with 4 brothers, although I wouldn't have been without them.
Faith x

Colleen said...

Your card is so very clever and one that I am sure your sister will love and appreciate! Thank you for sharing it at Seize the Birthday!

Curly said...

your card is so cleverly thought out, I love the scrabble tiles.
Thank you so much for joining us Crafty Catz Challenge this week we hope you will join us again
Happy Crafting
Bridget CCDT