PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, April 7, 2023

Back to Nature with Spring Decor

During Covid, I went a little crazy trying new techniques and media. One of my new hobbies was wired jewelry. I now have a bin full of sea glass, polished stones, seashells, wires, needle-nose pliers, etc. I was just about to give the whole lot away to my niece since I either sold or gifted family members my jewelry.

Until my gf sent me a photo from Pinterest featuring stones, sea glass and shells hanging from a large stick. Since my sister had her tree cut down, I grabbed a thick branch and cut a piece of it off and got to work. Wiring items that have no holes threaded and are oddly-shaped and slippery is a very tedious, time-consuming job. Half my time was spent picking up those slippery stones or rewiring a shell that kept slipping out. My patience was tried, believe me.

But I persevered and managed to finish my first hanging decor using this technique. And I love it!! I'm already planning which stones, glass and shells to use for my next hanger. I may even have to buy a table for the Memorial Day craft fair if I can make enough of these to sell.

I'm glad I kept my supplies...

Challenges I am Entering:

Creative Artiste - Anything Mixed Media Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Morgan's Art World - Always Anything Goes

4 comments:

Diane said...

So pretty and creatively fun, I find that every time I give something away or donate it I wish I had it, so now (to my hubby's dismay) I keep everything!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}
{Stencil Fun}

Vickie Y said...

Very creative and pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge.

Arlene said...

So pretty and I'm sure the light really plays off the baubles.

So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Arlene CT

Fiona said...

So pretty and a great use of your items - a new hobby has been born I think. I can imagine that in the wind and the soft sounds that must come from it. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. I look forward to seeing what you make with them next.