PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Halloween is My Thing

Took me a little longer than expected, but here's my second Halloween decor item created from the item pictured below.

I created a scary Halloween scene the first time, but wanted to create a more kid-friendly one to sell at the Fall craft fair. Although it was a Christmas calendar, I couldn't utilize to holes and pegs after revamping it. It still turned out well, I think. I painted the triple-layered scene orange this time instead of black. I discovered I had a lot more cute Halloween craft items than I thought. Everything came out of my Halloween craft tub.
I used designer paper, ribbons, adhesive candy corn stickers, buttons, and even a cake topper that read Happy Halloween. You can see the candy corns on the sides of my piece.
Now the big question. The original Christmas pieces sold for $20 at Michael's.. They measure 8"x3"x6" high. I've been accused of underpricing my artwork and need an opinion. The craft fair is at an RV park where I own a trailer. I'm getting a table for the Labor Day weekend. There is a huge Halloween weekend that is open only for owners and their guests. I roughly give away over 200 pieces of candy to trick-or-treaters. There are prizes given to best-decorated trailers, carved pumpkins, costumes, etc. I've won three trophies from the pumpkin carving contests through the years.

The craft fair is close enough for Fall and Christmas holiday items to be popular as well as only available to owners and guests. I got the items on clearance for $2 each. My question is: How much do I sell these decor items? Anyone have any ideas?
Challenges I am Entering:
Morgan's Art World - Anything Goes
Two Old Bats Halloween - Mood Board (I love the pumpkin head)
Worldwide Crafters & Colorists - Anything Goes w/an image



6 comments:

Darlene said...

OH WOW!! This is amazing! Great job!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Two Old Bats challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
TWO OLD BATS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... NEW CHALLENGE BLOG

Deanne Saunders said...

Totally cool project!!! If you're interested in adding your Halloween projects to another blog, check out my blog here. Halloween Crafts All Year 'Round

Marlene Atkinson said...

A lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Worldwide Crafters and Colourists. Marlene DT

Arlene said...

What a great project and I wish I could help you on your question of what to charge, but I have no idea.

Your project is fun and creative. So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Arlene CT

Fran Wing said...

Wow, Pat! What a great Halloween scene! I'm not sure I would have the patience for such a complex creation, but I'm really glad you did and that you shared it with us at Two Old Bats!
Xoxo, Fran

Vickie Y said...

Fabulous scene! Thank you for sharing with us at Two OLd Bats Halloween Challenge.