PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Meow's It Going?!


 Last time a attended thrift therapy, I picked up a lightweight, carved wooden cat. She was pretty beat up, but I saw her inner beauty so I paid the dollar and took her home with me. After several color changes, I ended up with a medium pink. I used cotton swabs dipped in various colors of paint to give it a general flowery coat. I recolored the eyes and tail as well. She now poses gracefully in my living room window. I used both acrylic paint as well as Posca paint markers.

Thrift therapy is what I call it when I have the urge to roam a thrift store. I may not have something particular in mind while shopping. I may not even buy anything. But it is perfect for destressing. I just need to remember that when I do find something to upcycle or paint, that I take a photo of the item BEFORE I change it! LOL

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An amazing find and an amazing result, love the flower "power" effect on this fabby cat.
Faith x