PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

The Birthday Girls' Getaway Reveal

 

My sister turns 60 in May. My youngest sister; I'm the oldest. We lost mom almost three years ago. Mom lived with my sister for 6 years and the loss has been harder for my sister than I and my other sister. I miss Mom just as much as my sister, but I am coping with her loss better than she is.

Anyway, for her 60th birthday, my other sister  and I, have planned an overnight trip to a tourist/historic place in Illinois. She doesn't want to know ANYTHING about the overnight, until we reach our destination. So we sent her 2 verses each of poetry (mine is on a previous post). Today I am featuring the "reveal" that I created for her.

I stumbled upon some Lemon Head tins in my stash- cute little things that have handles and look like mini-suitcases. I covered one with acrylic paint first. Then I created and printed out details of our trip and accordian-folded and adhered the pages into the suitcase.


I printed my favorite Bugaboo images of three girls and three women to cover the front and back of the mini-suitcase. I also wrapped the edges with washi tape and made a mini-luggage tag that I attached to the handle. I can't wait until the trip to put it in her hands. 

Besides the trip being her birthday present, I filled a pop-up photo album of Dee from the time she was a small child through present day. It has pics of us together, her growing up, and with family. I bought the album at a thrift store for an awesome price of $1.50!! It's pictured below...

I hope she feels loved and supported, and special for her landmark birthday year...

Challenges I am Entering:
  Creative Artiste - Anything Mixed media Goes
  Secrets to Stamping - Anything Goes w/a Fun Fold (Accordion for me)
  



 


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a lovely sister and friend to your sister, I’m sure a few tears of joy, will be spilt, when she knows and sees what you have spent time on for her. Gorgeous gifts.
Faith x