PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, May 20, 2023

Feelin' Groovy

 


My neighbor called me and asked me to do a project for her for an upcoming high school reunion party. Her two friends and she wanted to decorate their jeans to make them "stand out" at the event. Since she has been on the receiving end of some of my other projects (both freely given and sold to her), she knew she wanted me to give her jeans some "stand-out".
I had pulled out the few tubes of fabric paint I had in my stash and we planned out what she wanted, which was a nod to the late 60's/early 70's. I had fun with these as I was just starting my own high school years, and remembered all the flower power, groovy, outta-sight icons of those years. My designs start at the knee and ending at the bottom of her jeans. 
I had to do a little repair work after she washed and dried them. I also found a couple more paints that really made the drawings and words stand out better. It's not my best work, but as long as she is happy with the finished work, I'm happy too!

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

YEP! Awesome, I would be REALLY happy if these were mine, fabulous work. I know I keep saying it, but, you are very creative. AH! Memories too. My Mum, wouldn't let me join the hippy style, so I am still a frustrated hippy.
Faith x