PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, October 6, 2023

31 Days of Halloween - Day 6 - From Easter to Halloween decor

 

I love October! The scent of the air has a warm and comforting smell. The leaves are falling, making the sidewalks look like colorful carpets. And my favorite holiday for crafting is closer than ever! So, in anticipation of Halloween, I altered another wooden sign from the Dollar Store. 

I altered several of these boxes, which were purchased months ago at a thrift store, a bag of thirteen pieces for $10. Half of them went into summer decor, which you can fins=d on my blog HERE. Today I was a wicked crafter and above is the result of my maniacal imagination.
After removing the Easter decoration, I painted the front white with acrylic paint. I then adhered a Halloween napkin with homemade Mod Podge, after pulling off the extra layer of napkin so that it wouldn't form bubbles.

After it dried, I dabbed at the border of my wooden canvas to highlight the actual scene. Adding a plastic spider as well as some lace seemed fitting for this project. Now I have a cool Halloween canvas to celebrate the season! And all it took me was time to let the paint and the Mod Podged-scene to dry.


No comments: