PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, October 16, 2023

31 Days of All Hallows Eve - Day 16 - Gaze into my Crystal Ball

 

My bins of craft supplies are like Mary Poppins' carpet bag. Today I pulled out a crystal ball I had bought from Dollar Store last October. It was decorated...okay, but not what I really wanted. So I removed the ball from its base and covered it with Black chalk paint.

After it dried, I added my accessories: part of a necklace chain that had broken (I swear I don't know how to throw anything out), a couple of leftover skulls from the Dollar Store skeletons, some moon and star buttons, and these weirdly-shaped glass beads that looked like leaves (part of a necklace I bought at Savers for $1.50) and a string of sees beads I had got on clearance who knows when (I don't).

There was a little color clashing going on, so I brushed some gold acrylic paint onto those accessories. Then I had to edge both the top and bottom of the base with gold. Before putting the globe back onto its base, I put batteries in a set of twinkle lights (I inherited a shoe box full of these) and placed the lights into a ball of batting. Once the globe was on with the lights glowing eerily through the batting, I was very happy with the effect! and since my bf had ordered the polyester batting from Amazon, she had tons of leftover, which found its way to my house (the bag of batting was as big as Santa's bag on Christmas Eve).

And now comes the best part...come closer while I look into my crystal ball. Do I see love entering your life? Should you not travel our of the country until next year? What will my magical crystal ball tell you about your own future???  

CHALLENGES I AM ENTERING:
A Place to Start - Anything Goes  
Corrosive Challenges - Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create - Anything Goes


3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I can see you all dressed up ready to tell fortunes Pat hahaha, What a wonderful project.
Faith x

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Hi Pat, your crystal ball is so very wonderful, I love it! Hugs Zowie x

Chana Malkah said...

How clever are you? Great job! The pedestal is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner