PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

31 Days of All Hallow's Eve - Day 10 - Pumpkin Fever

 

Been busy today, mostly waiting for paint to dry! LOL Today's project is another piece of deck decor, thanks to the Dollar Store. Last year I had bought a handful of Styrofoam pumpkins and packed them away. 


So I pulled them out and painted four of them. At first I was going to adhere each to the posts on my front porch, but decided to create one large decoration for Halloween. 

After painting on a coat of white gesso, I gave each pumpkin its own spooky character. I gave the first pumpkin lowlights by painting the cracks in the pumpkin a darker color, then wiping the excess paint off. The I drew on eyes and a mouth.

The pumpkin sitting on top of him I kept white and drew on a ghost face. On top of her is my black cat and sitting on the cat is the witch. She had to be on the top because she wouldn't give u wearing her hat. I made her hair out of some cording I had bought on clearance and stuffed into my craft bin. 

In fact, I bought nothing this year for my Halloween crafting! I've been on a decluttering binge for months now, only replenishing my adhesives and paints. Anyway, I hot glued my pumpkins on top of each other and placed them in a wooden planter that has seen better days. I put a few bricks in the bottom of the planter to keep it from falling over. I finished my Halloween totem pole by stuffing some greenery around the top.

Even with all that glue, my pumpkins look like they're about to tumble. No worries, though, they're professionals...

Challenges I am Entering:

Mirtillamente Challenges - Anything Halloween
Morgans Art World - Anything Goes
Four Seasons Challenges - Anything FALL Goes

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely fantabulous. What amazing expressions on those creations of yours. Love everything about it, they look like they're about to fall, I should think your Halloween visitors will love it and take a wide berth in case they do fall, such wonderful fun.
Faith x

Arlene said...

I love all the different colors and expressions. I never would have thought of doing something like that. So creative. So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Arlene CT