PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

31 Days of All Hallows Eve - day 17 - Pumpkinhead's Morning After, part 2


My make today is a quickie craft using a women's black trouser sock, some wire, leftover felt and yarn. I used heavy wire that is lightweight enough that I could manipulate it. I formed a circle to start with, twisting at the end to guide the wire up, as this circle will be my base. I made my witch about five inches tall, so brought the twisted wire up and ended it with a small loop. I twisted another, shorter piece and folded it in half around the witch's body for the arms.

I covered it from the bottom up with part of a trouser sock, the thin ones made from nylon. I used another piece of the same material (the sock) to cover the arms, ending with each arm's material longer than the arms.

Her head was made with a small plastic eye ball that I painted black. I cut out two tiny pieces of felt with which to make a witch's hat, and glued it together with short pieces of black yarn for her hair and stuck it on her head. Her broom came from a wooden skewer I cut down in size and some thin strips of orange paper I crumpled before attaching it to the broom. I propped her against one of my canvases.

***I created this little witch as I continue the telling of Pumpkinhead's Morning After short story. You can find Part 1of Pumpkinhead's story HERE. Let's continue...

"Where are my buddies? Why am I alone?" he wondered angrily.

He wished he had a cell phone so he could call them, but people didn't get buried with their cell phones, as his dad always said. He nearly stumbled when something flew off his head. 

"A frog," he exclaimed. "Where did you come from? There's no pond anywhere I can see!"

The frog stuck out his tongue at him, let our a grunt and hopped away. Bonesy decided to follow him. As he walked, parts of last night began to come to him. There was a lot of drinking and he was no slacker. The more he drank, the more social he became. There was a woman at the bar who looked just like his soon-to-be mother-in-law. Then he got distracted by the exquisite barmaid. He remembered getting friendly with her, maybe a touch too friendly. But he kept drinking and making advances on her.

The rest of the night was still foggy in his addled brain, but he could swear one of his buddies was keeping him upright and walking him out the bar. Was it J-Bone? Or Lumpy? No, he couldn't quite remember. Ooh, was it that hot skeleton he was hitting on? He remembered long hair hanging over a face. No, she was a bleached blonde. The hair was black as night...

Bonesy stopped in his tracks, struck still by a terrible thought. His fiancee's mother had long dark hair. Wasn't she at the bar for a short time? That memory swirled around his pumpkin's head like a tornado until he thought he would be sick. She had been a witch, and as far as he knew, she still was. Then he did get sick...

to be continued

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I have said it before and will say it again, I wish I had just a touch of your creativity Pat. Love your Witch and the story, on to the next chapter?
Faith x