PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, June 12, 2023

A Beautiful Day

 

Today was a beautiful day...to paint, to walk the dog, to enjoy the breeze, smell the blooming flowers, pick strawberries from my garden, to just be alive. 

I have stacks of canvas, pieces of wood, shelves of paint, thrift store items to be upcycles, and clean brushes in hand. Today I'm going to my happy place. I'm going to paint!

And paint I did. I created an acrylic paint pour canvas, and after it was dry, I stenciled this awesome quote onto it. A couple layers of gloss varnish and just took a photo of my canvas. And I like it! LOL

If you haven't tried pour painting, it's messy, it's tricky, but it's worth the effort. Just make sure EVERYTHING is covered. I might have a couple drops of paint on my ceramic tile. And watch what you wear. I now have a pile of (paint-stained) shirts to take to the trailer for when I'm working on my 1987 model RV. Some things are worth the price...

This canvas is going to my trailer. I have an RV near several state parks and the quote is perfect!

Challenges I am Entering:
613 Avenue Create - A/G optl. summertime
We Love to Create - A/G mixed media


1 comment:

Kate said...

Stunning Pat! Love all those blues and the veins of gold and that awesome quote! Thanks for sharing it with us at 613 The Avenue Create!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!