PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, June 9, 2023

Perfect for a Fairy Garden


 My daughter's best friend (and my daughter-by-another-mother) is getting married this year! I'm so happy for her. Besides planning for a wedding, she's designing her garden. She asked me if I could make a few mushrooms for it. Well,  I can't "make" mushrooms, but I dug into my stash and found some from  Hobby Lobby on clearance last winter. There were six plaster mushrooms, so of course I bought them all! LOL

Once home, I put a base coat of white on each. I used acrylic paint and ended up with these five. Don't ask about the sixth one (Taps playing softly). Besides, unless you're arranging them in a specific pattern, an odd number is best, don't you think?

I also have a small gnome figure from Dollar Store that has been gathering dust. I was going to paint him, too, but does anyone know if gnomes and fairies even like each other, let alone share their living space? Please leave a comment and let me know...I don't want a turf war! LOL

Challenges I am Entering:

the Crafty Addicts - Anything Goes (A/G)
Crafting from the Heart - A/G (no cards)
Use Your Stuff - Anything Goes using your stash


5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How exciting, can't wait to see it. As for the turf war prevention? I haven't a clue. They must live in the vicinity of each other, though, as I have seen them in books!
Faith x

Pat said...

I just ran out to take pics of my (soon-to-be-her) painted mushrooms.LOL

cass said...

Fun mushrooms. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month for our Anything Goes

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those mushrooms
Faith x

Gina said...

Oh my goodness, these are just delightful. I now NEED to go find some to decorate for my garden. Hubby is averse to gnomes, but mushrooms and fairies I might sneak in lol. Thank you for sharing these with us at Crafting From The Heart XXX