PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, June 18, 2023

My Poet-tree


 I got a chance today to create in my art journal. No doodles this time, just some collaging and three of my copyrighted Haiku poems. The background paper was an online freebie, the dog cut from a magazine, and the bird and butterfly are die-cuts. I also used a word sticker, "dream".

I am attempting to e-publish my Haiku poetry. My cousin published hers and she's coaching me on how to set up pages, etc., Please tell me your honest opinion of any or all of these poems. Haiku is a type of poem originating in Japan, offering three stark lines in the  proportion of five syllables, 7 syllables and 5 again. You have to make your statement in just 17 syllables: difficult, but not impossible. I love creating these, and have about 50+ poems to share with others.

Challenges I am Entering:

 Creative Artiste - Anything Mixed Media Goes
Paper Dragonfly Creative - #1 Anything Flies
Diecut Divas - A/G with at least one diecut (butterflies and bird)

3 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Lovely haiku's and journal page-thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Andree said...

A wonderful journal page. Super collages and lovely details.
Thank you for joining in with our June challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Arlene said...

Great journal page. So glad you joined us this month of using critters at Die Cut Divas.