PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Welcome to the 31 Days of Halloween - DAY 1

 As in previous years, I'm attempting to offer Halloween hand-mades every day in October culminating in All Hallows' Eve. I love this holiday only second to Christmas. In fact, the craft fair at which I sold my hand-mades were specifically Halloween and Christmas artwork and crafts. 

This year, Dollar Store has wizened up and their offerings are better than ever, making it tougher for crafters to offer nice decor at a reasonable price. Also, Pinterest and YouTube has helped clear the shelves of seasonal items, and there is nothing left at my store for Halloween (and very little for Christmas). But you can still use everyday items for holiday hand-mades. Just think ahead...

In the meantime, I have a question for you---When do you start decorating for Halloween? My daughter loves to start on the 1st of the month. She's a crafter herself, so I'll be interested in what she brings to the table. I have all kinds of goodies to show you. Some are from Pinterest, and some are originals from my own diabolical mind. A few of them are supplies I had to buy early this summer...

Today I'm offering up an accidental decoration for my living room. I had a witch's hat left over from my craft fair and placed it onto our living room fan (it's still fairly warm weather here in Chicago. The eyes were already on the fan, thanks to my daughter). 

Check out my blog daily for new Halloween craft ideas. As always, have fun and keep crafting...



No comments: