PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, October 5, 2024

Welcome to 31 Days of Halloween - DAY 5

 

Are you hosting a Halloween party? I love a good costume party. The last one I hosted featured a toilet boiling over with smoke from Hell, a buffet of body part foods, music, dancing and a scavenger hunt (never again, we lost 2 couples during the hunt).

Our house was decked out from bathroom to bedroom, family room to kitchen. It helps to have creative serving dishes to offer creepily delicious treats to your guests. Like my cupcake/treats tower shown above. Can you believe it started out Barbie pink?!
I spayed painted my tower black. After drying I used a box of thin plastic bats in various sizes along the lowest tier's edge. I adhered larger bats to the top. You can fill it with cupcakes, but I like to put various treats like nuts, chex mix, popcorn, etc. in cupcake liners for guests to carry around and munch on. You can even hollow out real mini pumpkins, line the insides and fill with whatever snack you want (you can also use plastic pumpkins for the same ghoulish look).

I love this holiday season! So many entertaining ideas to get into the spirit of the occasion!! 





1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hi Pat, so sorry I've been absent for so long, hopefully I will be able to visit more often? I love your story of what happens during Halloween around you, what fun you must have. It's not a big deal here in the UK, we rarely have anything going on around our estate. Enjoy yourselves. xx