PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, October 3, 2024

Welcome to 31 Days of Halloween - DAY 3

 

This summer I had bought several plastic serving trays and glasses with which to make tiered dessert trays for an event. Before I had made them all, I discovered that the pastries being plated were going to be too heavy for my platters to hold up. Instead of returning all the pieces, I reinforced the trays and created Halloween hospitality cookie trays.

This first tray uses two thick clear plastic trays held together with a sturdy plastic champagne glass in the middle. Before attaching the two, I spray-painted the bottom of the trays orange. The tops of the trays are paint-free and safe to place cookies or candy on them. For decoration, I simply added a ceramic pumpkin using hot glue and E6000. Isn't he a cutie?! I can see this being used during a school class party.  My days of hosting Halloween parties is over, but I have plenty of neighbors whose kids are in grade school...

Have you ever made Halloween-themed foods or drinks? For the kids, I've made hotdogs wrapped with Pillsbury biscuit slices to look like mummies, a cake that was decorated to look like a graveyard and pumpkin juice, which is just orange soda poured over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. For adults, I've made a few cocktails and Jello shots. The RV park where I have my trailer hosts a Halloween weekend and the treats for both kids and adults is crazy out of this world! My nephew went out with his wife and came back completely snockered!


No comments: