PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

welcome to the 31 Days of Halloween - DAY 8

 

I went to one of Amazon's reject stores, this one called Arlington Heights Treasure Chest. It's where Amazon dumps a lot of their returns and sometimes defective or "missing pieces/parts" items. They rotate every 7 days, where Thursday is their RESTOCK day. Then the prices stat high and by Wednesday items are $1 each. I've gone twice, once on a Monday and once on a big bargain Wednesday. 

I picked up a closed package for a buck and didn't open it until I got home. Sometimes you can open the packages. Often they're already opened. If you're lucky you can even test them before you buy. I got lucky that Wednesday. When I opened my box, I found a dozen witch's hats -- for $1! I immediately wanted to string them up to add to this year's decorations.
It took a plastic needle, invisible fishing line and large paperclips before I had my line of Halloween hats to hang outside. 
Chicago being the kind of city where the weather is full of surprises right up to the day of Halloween, I plan to put these up only a few days before trick-or-treating starts. Nothing worse than a wet witch's hat (except a wet witch...).

No comments: