PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Making Zen Doodling a Part of Each Day


 I've spent a couple weekends at my trailer near Starved Rock, an Illinois State Park. When my nephew and his family join me, we always have a campfire. And what goes better with a campfire than marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate; in other words, S'Mores!

I was inspired to doodle a campfire, along with the necessary marshmallows on sticks. It's a sweet, sticky piece of heaven you put in your mouth. I wish I still had my guitar. I could play and we could sing some songs to end our evenings!

Of course, you don't need a campfire to make S'Mores. Just place graham crackers on the bottom of a cake pan, cover with chocolate bar pieces and top with marshmallows. Place in a toaster broiler until the marshmallows start to brown. Pull the pan out and you have an instant campfire gourmet dessert, right in your kitchen!


2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love your doodling, but I love your recipe even s'more – Sorry it had to be done.
I don't know if we can get Graham crackers in the UK, I will have to see what they are like to use an alternative, sounds a yummy "cake?"
Faith x

Pat said...

Just a hand-held treat. Make sure you have plenty of napkins. It's warm and gooey...