PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Beach - Dollar Store DIY/Upcycle #3

Since I bought a bag of 15 Dollar Store signs at a thrift store for $5, I decided to create a post each time I finish one. Today's project uses designer paper, stickers and buttons. All my upcycled boxes have a 3D element on them. I pulled everything from my leftovers stash. The letters spelling BEACH were part of a scrapbooking goodie from a crop weekend and the flip flops are buttons. 
My favorite type of vacation features a beach. Cozumel is one of my favorite destinations. Later this year, my sisters and I are going on a cruise in the Caribbean, and I plan on spending plenty of time on the beaches, soaking up the sun (properly covered with sunscreen), splashing in the waves and searching for shells.
 On the first anniversary of my hubby's passing, my daughter and I went to Cozumel and spread his ashes into the Caribbean Sea. It was sad and yet he loved it there. I don't think we'll go back any time soon.  The hotel we used to stay at changed owners and is not as well-maintained as it was previously. Add in the fact that we had always traveled with my girlfriend and her family, it was a lonely trip (she had passed away three months before my husband). But we'll always have the memories, all put together in a scrapbook.


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A gorgeous beach scene, and I'm glad you have good memories of your special Beach.
Faith x